Computer-supported design of assembly systems
We help you with the design of assembly systems that are customised to your specific needs.
What do we offer?
Throughout the years, our researchers have built up expertise on assembly systems in various industry-driven research projects. Now, we use this knowledge to create the right assembly system for your specific needs. We assist your company with:
- selecting the right assembly sequence, taking ease of assembly and assembly feasibility into account in the design phase already;
- cost-efficient allocation of operators and machines;
- optimising the physical location of all cell elements during the assembly process, taking assembly time and ergonomics into account;
- improving the flexibility of your assembly cell in view of new products or different workload allocations;
- capacity studies when product volumes are changing or machines must be replaced.
Our unique software & hardware
- In-house prototype tools for assembly cell visualisation
- In-house prototype tool for optimal layout of hybrid production cell
Customer success story
Investment analysis tool for Reynaers Aluminium
The production environment for windows with a high product mix raises several questions:
- Which machines should we buy?
- How many operators are required?
- Excess/missing capacity?
We have developed an investment analysis tool:
- to perform an analysis of the current production flow and bottlenecks
- to compute the (cost-)optimal production capacity
With this tool, the end user gets immediate results regarding the ideal amount of machines and operators. Our tool allows the customer to:
- Support investment decisions taking into account:
- Return on Investment (RoI)
- Lead time
- Production time/shifts
- Make prognoses in view of future and timely investments
- Investments in stages vs single but larger acquisitions